Tuesday 3 November 2015

No More Assumptions!

Yay! I finally get to write about this amazing book that I have had the privilege of reading before it was officially released!    I have been reading all about how to let go and let God in my parenting journey.  And it couldn't have come at a better time.  I have been juggling motherhood, cleaning, shopping, working, homeschooling and contract negotiations for our business.  Oh, and trying to sleep.  Not doing so well with that one.  :)

Anyways.

Chapter 1
Hoodwinked: The Mythical Mosaic of Motherhood

There were SOOOO many beautiful little nuggets of wisdom in this chapter.  One of my favourites is from page 12.  "As a new mom, I wanted so desperately to get this mothering thing right.  And I not only wanted to get it right, I was pretty sure I already knew how to do it right."

Oh my word!  I can clearly remember looking at parents with their children before I was officially a Mom.  And I judged. So. Much.  And I am so sorry that all I had to offer was my poorly thought out, completely lacking "wisdom."  I should have offered compassion.  Or told them that they are doing a great job.  That plugging through those bad days, still showing your children unconditional love is the most important thing you will ever do.  And that no matter what, He has this.  He covers all those shortcomings.   And He loves you, and your children. 

Parenting is so hard.  I don't know about you, but I was most definitely not given a manual for my child with my starter pack of diapers. 

I was not told that my children would be so different from each other in so many ways that I would sometimes question if they really were siblings. 

I was not told that for years and years, my house was not going to be clean.  And I was definitely not told that I should buy shares in Cheerios!  I have picked more Cheerios out of more places than I even want to think of! 

I was not told that even on those days when all I can do is fall to my knees, tears in my eyes, and call out to God, that I would still love those kids more than life itself.  That after they drive me to the brink of insanity, the very next moment, they would be the cutest things on the planet.

Yep.  Its hard.  And so much more rewarding than I could ever dream.  So stop believing that you have to do every single thing perfect, every single day.  You were never meant to be superwoman.  You were meant to be a child of God, willing to rely on him. 

Join me as I explore the 10 Myths Mom's Believe & Why We All Need to Knock It Off.

#nomorehoodwinkedmoms



Heavenly Father, tonight I pray for all of those who are feeling the stress of trying to be everything to everyone.  Let them feel your loving arms surround them, let them take refuge in the fortress of your strength.  Let them reach out for help to those that they can trust here on earth.  And never let them feel alone.  Amen.

If any of you have a prayer request or would like to share, please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to be one of God's soldiers for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment