Wednesday 28 March 2018

Spread the Love!

It feels as though the whole world is a little less friendly these days.  As all the groups are protesting all the other groups, and as all the politicians bash the other politicians, it's so easy to get wrapped up in spreading it around.  One little click of a button, and you can feel as though you've helped your cause.

But have you really?  Have you researched the article that you're sharing to verify it's sources?  Have you really thought about the message it's portraying? 

I don't think that there is anyone who truly doesn't know the state of our planet and the disrepair of the hearts in it.  All you have to do is turn on your TV, radio, phone, tablet or computer, and you are bombarded with the bad. 

By that little click, or that conversation over the water cooler, we choose what is important to us.  What can you do today to share the good?  Or better yet, what can you do today to add a little good to your world?

I'm not here to tell you how to use your social media accounts, I just wanted to put an idea out there.  What if instead of sharing an article protesting something, we shared an article showing how someone showed love in that same instance?  What if we made it a mission to spread the love with the awareness?

If you look hard enough, you can always find something great to share.  It could be as simple as sharing that a couple of weeks ago, there was nice man who waited while I unloaded my groceries so he could put my cart back for me.  

Or maybe there was a super long line at the grocery store, but the cashier still tried to make conversation with you.  You can almost guarantee that she's had at least one rude customer during her shift, but she's still trying.

Maybe you looked up at the sky and noticed a beautiful cloud, or a neat bird, or the sunset/sunrise was just breathtaking.

I have this little sign up on my wall that says, "What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"  What would you have woke up to this morning if that were true?

Heavenly Father, I thank you for all of the blessings in my life.  I thank you even for the events that don't feel like blessings at the time, because I know you are working behind the scenes to help all things in my life be good.  I ask that you would be felt and heard over all of the noise in the world today.  That people would turn to you more than Google and Facebook.  That they would look around and try to make their little piece of the world a better place.  I pray that you would open the eyes of our hearts to see others as you see them.  And I thank you for loving us, even though we are broken.  In faith I pray.  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment