Wednesday 10 April 2013

A New Day

Last night was the second night of my OBS.  We had to read Chapter 1 of Stressed Less Living by Tracie Miles.  Her words speak a lot of truth to me right now.  If you have been following me for the last week or so, you already know that it included a few really challenging days.  They challenged me last night to ask God for peace.  And then believe he will give it to you.  He did last night.  I had a relaxing night cuddling on the couch with my hubby, catching up on shows we had PVR'd. 

I so love being held in my husband's arms.  I don't know about you, but there are few places on earth that I feel as safe and loved as laying in his arms.  I think that if I could do nothing but that all day every day, I would be the happiest woman on earth.  At least for the first couple of days...then I would probably go stir crazy.  My hubby wouldn't even last that long.  Neither one of us is very good at sitting still for very long. 

Then this morning started.  I have come to the conclusion (many, many times) that my children have been placed in my loving arms because at one time I asked God for patience.  And I have got to be the slowest learner EVER!!!  This morning was no different.  My 16 month old is not at all conducive to doing housework.  And as I discovered, also knows how to get outside.  I found this out this morning after I took the garbage and recycling to the curb, turned around, and saw him standing in the middle of the driveway, soaked feet, soaked pants, and terrified that his little adventure wasn't quite what he thought it was.  Mommy was not easy to find.  So, after I swallowed my heart, we came inside, he had a time out, and I tried my best to calm down.  Again, if you have been following me for the last week, it has been a week of harrowing adventures.  Or something like that.  But, again, I can look at it as a lesson to me to be more aware of his building capabilities, and that I have to watch even more closely that I have been.  And he is safe.  So, another lesson learned for today.  Let's get back to praying for that peace...  ;)

Heavenly Father, I ask that you grant us your amazing gift of deep down, totally surrendered to you peace.  Let us know that you only wish us to rely on you, to feel you love and to always accept your grace.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment