Monday 8 April 2013

Amazing Husband

So after my week of learning lessons, my husband arranged for a friend of ours to watch the kids on Saturday so that we could go on an out of town shopping trip.  I love my husband.  He may not have understood it, but shopping to almost any woman (and especially this one) is the best way to relax.  I spent less money on my craft supplies than we spent driving to get there, but that wasn't the point.  Now, my husband also had some things that he really wanted to buy, so it benefit him to go too!  And he is far more excited about his shiny new toys than I am about mine.  I am excited that I have a husband who sees an opportunity to do something simple but amazing for me, and jumps on it.  Some days (and weeks), I find it far too easy to focus on the little things that don't go my way (like last week), rather than focus on the good.  I am making it a personal mission to actively change my thought patterns, while allowing myself grace for those days that I slip up, so that I become a happier person and look for the good.  My husband told me when we first got together that if he says or does something that can be taken two ways, he meant it the good way, and I should assume that.  I challenge you to put that to practice in your life (and allow yourself grace too!).

This week I am starting a new Bible study on www.MelissaTaylor.org, called Stressed Less Living.  You are welcome to join too.  This amazing group of ladies runs Proverbs 31 Ministries, and they offer these studies for free to anyone with an internet connection, a bible, and who buys the book they are studying.  They will even send you a bible if you cannot afford one of your own!  I urge you to take a look at their Facebook page, or google them for their website.  These women open up their lives to help other women know God better.  What an amazing calling!  So as I get ready this week to dive into my bible, and learn to better trust God and his plans for me, I invite you to join me and the thousand of others who have signed up, and stress less.  That sounds amazing.

I leave you today with prayers of thanksgiving.  I pray that God opens our eyes to all the blessings he has heaped upon us.  And I also pray that he opens our hearts and minds to the opportunities each and every day to be a blessing to others.  Hold that door open, smile at that sullen passerby, call a friend just to tell them you love them.  I pray that this week we all try to be a shinging example of God's love.  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment