Monday 15 April 2013

Growth

Growth sure can be painful sometimes.  When God uses other people to shape our lives, it is almost always a blessing.  We usually don't realize it at the time, but these situations are tools to strengthen us and prepare us for His plans for us.  But man, do I ever wish there were an easier way.  This last year, God has been growing me in so many ways, sometimes I feel like I am still spinning.  When I spoke to my pastor earlier this year, at my wits end, with no more strength left, he was ecstatic.  I was confused.  Then he explained to me that when we feel this way, we finally really let God in.  We have no choice but to let him be our strength. 

Last year in the span of eight short months, I almost lost my marriage, then by a series of complete misunderstandings, world war three was started in my family.  Growing pains by the bucket please.  I won't go into great detail, especially for the privacy of those involved, but I will say that as a result of my marriage troubles, my marriage is more secure now than ever before.  We have faced the end and fought our way back every inch to the marriage we have today.  And as for the family relationships, I think I am still in the growing process of that one.  But I have learned that regardless of these challenges, God is there for me.  It can hurt, be confusing, depressing and draining, but these lessons bring us out better on the other side.  And if I rely on him, trusting that he has a plan, focusing on him alone, rather than the challenge in front of me, it isn't as scary as it may seem. 

I know my regular posts are uplifting, and I really do try to concentrate on that.  But today I really wanted to reach out to those who may be hurting, feeling like they are alone.  I want you to know that you are not alone, you have the best soldier by your side.  And you have more people around you that love you than you will ever realize.

Heavenly Father, tonight I pray for all of those who are feeling lost and confused.  Let them feel your loving arms surround them, let them take refuge in the fortress of your strength.  Let them reach out for help to those that they can trust here on earth.  And never let them feel alone.  Amen.

If any of you have a prayer request or would like to share, please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to be one of God's soldiers for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment