Wednesday 3 April 2013

Scared Spitless

Since opening my Etsy shop (RelaxingMoments) three weeks ago, I have been eagerly awaiting my first sale.  I hope and pray that will be soon...lol.  In the meantime, I have been creating new things, and just letting God take care of this.  If I am meant to have my own store, then I have to have faith that God knows his timeline. 

Amazing things have been happening lately.  My husband recently went on a missions trip with Casas Por Cristo for Juarez, Mexico.  He was lucky enough to go down with 15 other great guys who managed to get along great as a team and build 4 homes.  It was a life changing experience for those lucky enough to go (it was a men's trip).  My husband actually suggested that he would love for me to go down with our kids as soon as we can manage.  He has a passion for helping people, especially if it means he can build something, and I have a passion for kids and crafting.  I am hoping that either next year or the year after I can put together an Operation Christmas Box type program and take boxes down there.  There is a man down there, Pastor Jose, who every morning, travels a long distance to his church, and feeds 90 orphans breakfast.  It breaks my heart that these children, who although they get to experience the love of God each morning, often have to travel long distances themselves to get breakfast, but that may be the only meal they get that day.  I would love to be part of God's plan for these beautiful children.  If you have any ideas, please leave me a comment.  I would LOVE to hear them.  These children have done nothing to deserve the lives they have been dealt, but they smile every day nonetheless.  I should be so lucky as to learn from them!

I also received a surprising package in the mail last week.  There is a DARK Project going on, where you anonymously get a present in the mail, stating that you have made a difference in the life of someone you know, along with another gift for someone who has made a difference in your life.  What an amazing and unique idea.  And who wouldn't love a little pick-me-up after a long day?  I may have to make a few more gifts for all those special people in my life...:)

I will leave you with a request for prayers for all of those less fortunate than ourselves.  May we not forget how fortunate we truly are, and may we never forget to pass the along our fortunes whenever we can, be it an act of kindness, a cup of coffee, or just a smile to that person you pass by who looks like they need to see a friendly face, if only in passing.  If there is something you would like me to pray for in your life, leave your request in the comment section, and I will do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment