Thursday 14 November 2013

Antique Window Turned Jewellery Display

I have been working on this one for awhile, but I FINALLY got around to hanging it up and actually putting stuff onto it, so here we go...

I have used these same type of frames for the kids' art displays, but I had imagined this one as my art supplies.  Since my drawings tend to run to the stick bird kind, I thought maybe I could put up my handmade jewellery on here, and display some family photos and inspirational sayings at the same time.

I started out by sanding down the frame, than painting with a white semi-gloss paint that is meant to seal all the old stuff out. 

I measured the back to put a hanger in the middle.


I actually measured right too!  This is definitely not a strong suit of mine, so I'm pretty impressed with myself!


I used clear 3M hooks for my holders, since I didn't want to put any more holes in the frame than I had to.


The hooks on the bottom are actually small cable holders, so they work perfectly for my handmade bracelets.


I still don't have all of my pictures on it, but this gives you a better idea of what it will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment