Monday 16 September 2013

First Day of Preschool

Today is the day!  We finally start day 1 of God's Little Explorer's.  Today, we are going on a treasure hunt. 

I started off wrapping presents for the kids.  They each got a bible, school supplies, and a special treat.

 
 
 
 

 
Here they come!

 
And there they go!

 
Follow the X's.
 
 
And the treasure has been found!

 
Now to open their presents...

 
And the traditional "First Day of School Pictures"

 
Little Dude can't be left out!

 

 

 
Making their treasure maps.

 
Little Dude's masterpiece.  It only held his attention for about 15 minutes.

 
So I brought the V-Tech reader out to buy me some time.
 
It was a pretty busy day for me today.  I also, for some not well thought out idea, thought today was the perfect day (since it finally cooled off), to try out two new recipes.  We had chicken, pineapple and cheese baked inside dinner buns, and apple dumplings for dessert.  And I felt the need to grate the zucchini from the garden...and strip the bedding from the guest room and wash it after our guest left.  And do the floors.  And the dishes (repeatedly since I was cooking and baking all afternoon). 
 
This all adds up to planning tomorrow out better so that when I get them up in the afternoon, I can concentrate only on them.
 
While Mommy was stressed out this afternoon (her own fault!), the kids had a blast and are super excited for tomorrow.
 
And I'm off to plan...have a great night!

 
 

 

 

 

 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. We started "X" yesterday too! Kind of cool to be on the same schedule as someone else :) I am trying to take pictures to document it, but it is hard for me to remember! We have had a lot of fun these first two days. How old is your little man? Mine is 21 months, but we are totally leaving him out, lol! We do GLE during his afternoon nap. I am doing this curriculum with my 3.5 year old daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      I am going to do my best to take pictures and post each day. The only friend I have doing this with me is going to move at the end of the month, this way we can still "school" the kids together.

      My little man is 21 months too! And my daughter is 3.5 years! That is so awesome! We are including him because he loves to try new things. For the more complicated things, we may school during nap time, but this way, I hope he learns a little more too! I would love for you to follow our journey!

      Delete