Fast forward 10 years, and it had become my catch all table/dresser for all things foreign in my craft room. So, again, it is being repurposed.
This is what it looked like before it's latest transformation. I added a fresh coat of white paint. Then I headed to Surplus Herbies (I know, right). I found the casters for $1.09 each, and the knobs for $2.49 each.
Unfortunately, I should have learned by now to measure things to get the property casters.
So after a quick trip to Canadian Tire, I found the right ones. The other ones had the holes too close to the outside of the leg, and just kept cracking the wood.
I followed the package direction, which said to drill a 3/8" hole for the hammer in piece.
These ones came with a piece that gets hammered in first, then you push the wheel in until it locks in place so it won't fall out.
And after an evening of work, here it is. Now it's purpose is still in my craft room, but it will now be my rolling craft storage dresser. It currently has all my to-do's for sewing (mending and Christmas projects).