Friday, 27 September 2013

Pillow Case Car Seat Covers

So, we recently bought a new truck.  And new car seats.  And new car seat protectors for under the car seat.  I really didn't want to have to buy the little toy organizers that go underneath.

Then I had one of those light bulb moments while doing laundry one day.

Why don't I find some old pillow cases, and make my own?  They are completely washable, and I can find some at my second hand store, so it will be much cheaper than buying them.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a professional sewer, so if you are, please, please, please do not look at my pictures!  I have these bright ideas and dive right in.  There were no patterns harmed during the making of these organizers.

And here we go:


My pretty pillow case.  No, it isn't ironed.  I don't do that.


On top is the grippy fridge liner I bought last week.  I am planning to use this to hold the organizer in place on the leather seats.


I folded up one end of the pillow case (the non-opening end), and then sewed three pockets.


I sewed each line 3 times to make sure that they don't wear out.


Then, once I started to sew my grippy stuff, I discovered it worked so well, it stuck to the sewing machine.  Both ways.  So, I looked around and saw paper.  It worked!


And it's pretty easy to tear off after too!


See?


Top side.


Bottom side.  Little Dude's is done.

And so is Sweetie's.