Thursday 24 October 2013

A Heart Surrendered to Christ

I remember the day I surrendered my life to Christ.  My marriage was crumbling all around me, I was waiting to find out if counselling was in my future, or the struggles of being a single parent.  And there was nothing I could do but wait to find out.

Or get on my knees and pray.

I had had many conversations with God before that, mostly the please do this for me kind.  I hardly ever spent an afternoon thanking him for the little things like I do now.  I never desired to lift up perfect strangers in prayer like I do now.

I realized that night that I had no control over what my husband's decision would be.  But God would be there for me no matter what.  And while I believed that He had chosen this specific man for me, no matter the mess we had managed to make of it, He was the one that I could count on no matter what.  And He was the one who would get me through my journey. 

And he did.  The date was April 15, 2012.  And I will never forget that date.  It is the date my heart was filled with such assurance that He has this, if only I trust in Him and his plans.

If you are struggling in your life right now, I urge you to give it all over to Him, and then trust Him.  He loves you more than you could ever imagine, and He wants so badly for you to have a good life.  If you have anything that you would like me to lift up in prayer for you, please leave it in the comments, and I would love to include you in my prayers.  And it won't just be my prayers for today either! :)

You are loved more than you can ever know.


No comments:

Post a Comment