Thursday 24 October 2013

Kids Choose Day!

Since we are playing with colours this week and have many activities already at home to choose from, I let the kids pick.  They could colour in one of their books, they could colour sort pompoms with tweezers (to work on fine motor skills), or they could play with play dough.
Then I thought I should look for some recipes for edible play dough, since Little Dude always does a taste test.  I looked up "edible playdough" on Pinterest.  Oh dear.  I should probably suggest here that edible and child-safe are two COMPLETELY different things.

So we made edible playdough with 1 cup of smooth peanut butter, 1/2 cup of honey and two cups of icing sugar.  I found a much less sugar filled option that used powdered milk instead if that is a concern for you.  There is also an oatmeal version.
Today's school work let Sweetie create to her heart's content, and Little Dude pretty much spent the entire afternoon saying "NUMNUM!"  I hope this is one afternoon that the kids will remember for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment