Wednesday 30 October 2013

Lizards and Frogs and Butterflies...Oh My!

So, you may have noticed that I did not post yesterday.  This is where you all get to have a laugh at my expense.

My husband has a ridiculously large truck.  It has 37" rims on it.  The seat is at my chest height (I am 5'6" just for a comparison).  And it is a standard.  So I decide to do my husband a favour, and run downtown to pick up the straw for the doghouse.  In his ridiculously large truck.  Actually, the size of the truck is something I can compensate for.  The part I had incredible difficulty with is that silly standard transmission.  Yep, haven't driven a standard in 6 years.  And in all my brilliance, I decide to go after naptime.  You know, when the nearby mills have shift change, and school has just let out. 

Just call my "Lurch".  On my, I actually had people staring at my during my escapade.  But we made it home, all in one piece.  Unfortunately, schoolwork was not on the schedule after it took me almost 2 hours to make 2 stops.  And for those of you who don't know, I'll give you another image.  Our town takes about 10 minutes to drive through, end to end.  Or 2 hours if you are having troubles! :)

And on to today's lesson.  We re-read the story of Moses, this time from the Jesus Storybook Bible.  Then I had set up some plastic lizards, frogs and butterflies in pasta for the kids to go digging through.  Both Sweetie and Little Dude seem to really enjoy the hands on exploration that this activity affords them, so we will probably use our little bins quite often in future lessons.


Here are the bins set out with critters already in place.


Let the digging begin!


Daddy came home quickly to grab something for work, so they had to show him their treasures.


A pretty butterfly. 


Little Dude's bin.


Sweetie ended up with 1 snake, 1 frog,, 2 butterflies and 7 assorted lizards.


And for some added fun, I found some growing spiders and bats in the Halloween section of Dollarama, so we put them in water to grow.  We should have pictures of those for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment